Per person, twin-share AUD$8,570
Single Supplement AUD$1,170
DEPOSIT: AUD$1,000 30th June 2011
**Early deposit is necessary in order to secure European flights and Performance tickets.
BALANCE DUE: 16th August 2011
DOWNLOAD TOUR BROCHURE:
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM:
PROF. RUTH NYE, MBE, FRCM
Chilean maestro, Claudio Arrau invited Australian born Ruth Nye to study with him in New York, after he heard her play in Australia. She studied with him extensively over a period of 30 years, up until his death in 1991.
Ruth Nye had a distinguished career as a concert pianist, before turning her attention to teaching. She built a widespread reputation as one of the world's foremost piano teachers and is currently on the faculty of the Yehudi Menuhin School in Surrey, UK and the Royal College of Music in London, UK. She holds master classes and lectures throughout the world.
Ruth Nye was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2007 Queen's Birthday Honours list. In 2008 a Fellowship of the Royal College of Music was conferred on her by HRH The Prince of Wales.
Lingua Musica has been very honoured to have Ruth Nye join us on tour on many occasions in order to present some lecture/ piano recitals. With her great knowledge combined with a charming personality, she has delighted us all.
- 14 nights' accommodation in centrally located 4*/5* hotels
- 8 Classical Music Performances, including Opera
- 3 in-depth lectures by Ruth Nye, MBE, FRCM
- On-Tour Informative talks, plus a comprehensive Tour Handbook containing information on orchestras, soloists and conductors, and detailed programme notes for all major performances.
- Comprehensive sight-seeing with local English-speaking guides
- All breakfasts, plus 12 meals as indicated in the Itinerary
- All admissions, bus & metro tickets when on guided tours
- Services of the Tour Director or Manager
- TWO x Lufthansa Economy air fares: Vienna-Leipzig(Halle) and Frankfurt-Venice
- Eurostar train travel (1st Class) Vienna-Budapest
- Eurostar train travel (1st Class) Venice-Rome
- Travel by private, air-conditioned coach
- Hotel Porterage - one bag per person, where available
- All tips and taxes